Monday, January 14, 2008

I am Legend

It is the year 2012. In the ruins of New York city. Robert Neville, a scientist, is now the last human survivor in what is left of New York City and perhaps the world. 3 years ago, a cure for supposed to be cure for cancer was discovered but became a biochemical disease. For three years, Neville has faithfully sent out daily radio messages, desperate to find any other survivors who might be out there. But he is not alone. Together with his dog, Samantha, Neville's every move is watched by blood thirsty zombies, the victims of the plague -- The Infected -- who lurk in the shadows. Neville is driven by only one remaining mission: to find a way to reverse the effects of the virus using his own immune blood. But he knows he is outnumbered... and quickly running out of time.

The story of this movie is really very interesting. Really nice movie. I can't find the right words to describe it. It was terrifying, yet inspiring. Sad, yet victorious. Hopeless, yet full of faith.
The story taught me to hope, to listen, to believe, to have faith, to persevere, to trust and to be determined.
Great Movie. I recommend you watch it and prepare for a heart-pounding, yet heart-warming story.

1 comment:

Frodo said...

I watch the movie with no company and I was creeped, especially going out the cinema 9 o'clock in the evening. I was glad I did watch the movie and I like it. Although most critics booed it as another zombie ridden movie I still assert that it was beautifully done. I wish I have had read the book, though, before watching the movie.