Thursday, May 31, 2007

I Promise


Here's a song from Jaci Velasquez that has really catched my attention. It speaks of a promise from a girl to be pure and patiently wait for the right person that God has prepared for her.




Lord, you know my heart
And all my desires
And the secret things I’ll never tell
Lord you know them well
Though I may be young,
I see and understand
That at times like sheep
We go astray and things get out of hand

Chorus:
So I promise to be true to you
To live my life in purity
As unto you
Waiting for the day
When I hear you say
Here is the one I have created just for you

Until then O lord
I will be content
Knowing that true love
Will come some day
And will only come from you
Cause I have seen the suffering that loneliness can cause
When we choose to give our love away
With out a righteous cause

No comments: